Suggest contraceptive pills to avoid pregnancy apart from condoms?

I wanted to know solution or name of contraceptive pills so that I can avoid pregnancy . Apart from condoms give me a permanent solution.
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
detailed below

Detailed Answer:

I have read your query with diligence.

There are many types of contraceptive pills available in the market.

For you, I would like to brief about 2 types of contraception.

One is called Emergency contraception like I-pill that can be taken within 72 hours of unprotected sexual intercourse to prevent pregnancy.

One other form is the routine combined oral contraceptive pills available commercially as Femilon, Diane 35, XXXXXXX and many other brands. These need to be taken continuously for 21 days in a month to prevent pregnancy.

In either case, there is no need to use condoms as additional contraception unless you have multiple partners.

Hope this information is useful to you.

Follow-up: Suggest contraceptive pills to avoid pregnancy apart from condoms? 6 minutes later
Is there any complication in future when my wife will desire for pregnency?
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No complications as such

Detailed Answer:

There are no complications as such with use of these contraceptive pills. There is rapid return in fertility within a month of stopping its use, and your wife can conceive any time she desires.

The side effects are minimal, and nothing serious related to pregnancy or fertility.