Suggest a good cream for tanned skin

Hi Doctor ,
I am XXXXXX My skin Gets tanned up very soon speacially hands can u suggest me a good cream and also how to control it ,Because my face colour is different from my hands colour .
Posted Sun, 12 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Gaurav Patel 3 hours later

Welcome to healthcare magic forum

I understand your concern about sun burn.

Your skin is sensitive to sun light. You have to protect your skin from sun light.

You should use sunscreen with 50 SPF regularly. Apply it 20 minutes before sun exposure and re apply every 3 hours. You can use Shadowz 50 sunscreen lotion.

Wearing full sleeve cloths, hand glows or summer coat will protect your skin further.

Procedure like microdermabrasion, skin peeling is helpful in tanned skin. You should consult dermatologist for these procedures.

You can get a prescription for medicated skin-lightening creams from your doctor. Skin lightening creams can be hydoquinone (mellalite forte cream), kojic acid, arbutin (koziglow cream). You should apply the cream on tanned cream at night. You need to use it for 4-6 weeks to see any effects. It is better to use these after consulting a physician.

I hope I answered your question.

Let me know if you have any query.