Suffering hairfall, have dandruff, do not smoke or drink. Using mintop minoxidil. Will it improve my condition?

Dermatologist
Question
helllo,
i am 25 years old male

i am suffering from hairfall since last 3 years and my hair have become thinner. I have started usinf mintop minoxidil 5% solution. Will it improve my condition. I also have dandruff.
I have also consulted many dermatologist in the past.But my condition is not improving.
I do not smoke nor do i drink. I have no other health problems also and look very fit.
Posted Sun, 26 May 2013 in Hair Loss

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 21 minutes later
Yes Mintop will surely work, but it takes alteast 3 months for it to show response,
so please be patient and keep using it.

Along with this also take tab androanagen one tablet daily for 3 months.

Thank you

Follow-up: Suffering hairfall, have dandruff, do not smoke or drink. Using mintop minoxidil. Will it improve my condition? 5 minutes later
Will minoxidil work with dandruff. I doubt that ,mintop causes me itching and dandruff.
Also can i shampoo daily. Because otherwise i feel itch on my scalp if i dont shampoo.

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 4 minutes later
hello,
Ya dandruff wont be a problem with its action.
Slight itching is a common side effect of minoxidil, but if itch persists for more than 15 days you should stop using it.
Yes you can use shampoo daily, use a mild shampoo like triflow.
Thank you