Ask a Urologist   »  

Suffering from urinary problems. How to over come this situation?

Emergency Medicine Specialist
Hello Doctor,

I am suffering from urinary problems from almost one and half year back....I was feeling a little sensation when I urinate after having spicy food or when my stomach is empty without water. If I drink three four glass of water this problem will be solved...No UTI and yeast infection...but don't know how it is happenig... I don't have any serious pain , the urine color will be yellow and odor smell, a different smell than usual I can feel..But when I drink three or four glass of water, after 10 minutes, I will be recovered...could you please tell me what is the possibility to over come this situation, and could you please tell me how it is coming?
Posted Wed, 7 Nov 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 1 hour later

I have read the details submitted with diligence and accordingly I feel that you are having dehydration.

Dehydration, which means less intake of fluids, can result in yellow colour of urine.
When you take three or four glass of water, you get relief. This also confirms that you are having dehydration.

Taking spicy food can also result in a particular type of smell.

Certain foods and drugs can alter the pH of urine.

It will be of help if you kindly furnish the following details:-
1. Please write the detailed report of your urine
2. Any medicine you are taking, like any diuretic or any other drug
3. Are you diabetic?
4. What is the cosistency of your stool?

You should drink plenty of pure filtered water. This will help in treating dehydration along with control of urinary infection, if any. If dehydration is more, you can take Electrolyte solutions.
Avoid taking sports drink as they contain lots of sugar and can cause diarrhoea, resulting in more dehydration.

I hope I have answered your query. If you have any furthur concerns, I will be happy to help.

Follow-up: Suffering from urinary problems. How to over come this situation? 2 hours later
Thank you doctor for replying to my query.

From your questions,

I am not diabetic and not taking any drugs or any particular products. I am 26, years old, female, and from urine test 6 month back, it was normal. So, u mean I have to check again whether I am having diabetes or not.Consistency of stool is varying based on food intake. As you said, if it is dehydration, Y it is happening to me always? I got this problem after marriage only..My food habit is vegetarian, and I never use, curd, milk, paneer, ghee, or any milk products..And I will have chocolates sugary products more. So is there anything serious on it? Is it become a symptom a of any other illnesss?

I am sorry I don't have urine report right now. I can upload it two days after and hope I will get opinion from you.
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 3 hours later

Thanks for your response.

From your reply, it seems that you got your urine examined 6 months back. It will be helpful if you get :-
> Recent Urine examination (Routine/Microscopic and Culture/Sensitivity)
> Fasting Blood Sugar
> HbA1c

Dehydration can occur to anyone, if loss of fluids from the body is more than intake. As you have mentioned that you are facing this problem after marriage, please take care of the temperature of the environment in which you now live or work. It might be a possibility that your home, after marriage, is warmer, leading to some dehydration.

Avoid excess of sugary products. If you have frequent loose stools, it can also cause some fluid loss from body.

Please do not worry about your problem. It is fully curable.

I hope this is helpful to you.
Please upload the recent reports. If you have any furthur query, please mention it in your follow up post.
Follow-up: Suffering from urinary problems. How to over come this situation? 18 hours later
Thank you so much doctor ! I will update with reports soon, hope I will get assistance from you.

I will do all tests and get back to you soon...

Thank you so much !

Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 4 hours later

You are always welcome to post your queries. It will be my pleasure to help you.