Suffering from throat infection. How to treat this?

ENT Specialist
Am suffeering since long time with throat infection(high tonsilities)ans am frequently falling down in to the sick pl. suggest.
Posted Sun, 19 May 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 31 minutes later

You said you are having throat infection for quite long time, you become ill frequently because of your throat infection and you have labelled it as high tonsillitis - I hope you are already been examined by your physician and got diagnosed as tonsillitis.

Recurrent tonsillar infection is consider as Chronic Tonsillitis. And conservative treatment will give you only temporary relief. My opinion is if anyone having frequent attacks of tonsillitis than tonsillectomy operation should be the treatment of choice. It takes care of the problem and you find a permanent cure.

Therefore I would suggest you to consult any ENT doctor for thorough examination and if operation is advised by your surgeon than do the same. This is a minor operation and usually done in day care clinics.

I hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have other concerns.