Suffering from stomach ache. Biopsy report showed cancer. What kind of medicines are available?

Question
My Mother was suffering from Stomach Ache and doctors suggested Laparoscopic biopsy as they found some Allergy.

And the biopsy report suggests this is cancer.

My Question is can i understand what is the current stage. And what kind of Medications available other than chemotherapy. I will be attaching the reports.
Posted Mon, 13 Aug 2012 in Cancer

Answered by Dr. Sourav Ganguly 1 hour later
Thanks for posting query.
Your mother has metastatic adenocarcinoma. This can arise from the stomach or the intestine or from the pancreas as well. The stage can only be decided once we find the exact location of the place where this is originating from. A staging laparoscopy and a MRI of the abdomen would be needed as well. The subsequent treatment would depend on the determined stage and the location of the primary tumour.
But after going through the biopsy report it appears that it is in the advanced stage.
There are several options available like surgery, chemotherapy and irradiation. These may be used differently in different patients depending on their requirement.
There are no allopathic drugs except chemotherapy which are available.
Let me know if you need any more help.
Dr Sourav Ganguly