Suffering from smelly gas and loose stools. Feeling irritable and sick. Having pain. What is causing this?

Jul 2016

Hello, for the past two to three days I've had very smelly gas, runny poo, the urge to spew, a certain pain that feels empty & hungry in my stomach but I'm not hungry. It feels irritable & I feel sick no matter what I eat or how much I still feel that empty pain & it's in my actual stomach not my lower stomach area. Just wondering what it is, what's causing it & how to get rid of it?
Posted Sat, 16 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It could be due to Gastro Enteritis.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have smelly gas with pain in upper abdomen and running watery stools.
This could be most likely to be due to
1) Indigestion
2) Gastroenteritis.(Infection of the stomach and upper GIT.)

Please consult qualified general Physician for clinical examination.and get following basic investigations done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Haemogram
2)Routine Urine test.
3) Stool examination.
4) Serum electrolytes

Please take Broad spectrum antibiotic like Ofloxacin along with H2 receptor antagonist like Pantapraozle. and anti spasmodic like Cyclopam ..

Take light ,soft diet like curd rice and fruits .

Drink more water to keep yourself well hydrated along with enough lime and sugar to maintain electrolyte balance.

You may take Tinidazole if stool examination reveals any Giardiasis or Amoebiasis.

This should get resolved within 3-4 days.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards.