Suffering from severe lower back pain. How to get relief?

General Surgeon
lower back painI have had really bad back.problems for a ling time now. I cannot bend over too well in any direction and i get bad back spasms on a regular basis where my back gives out.
Posted Tue, 16 Apr 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 28 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Severe back pains are most likely caused by spine disease (usually spine disc herniation). Such disc, when herniated, compresses spinal cord and gives pain. Depending of how advanced is the herniation your pain can appear in the back or can radiate to one or both legs. Some numbness can radiates to the legs as well.
Back spasm can be also caused by such disc herniation. Spine skew is also possible.

As your pain is there for a long time, I suggest you to have spine MRI performed and visit orthopedist. Depending of the spine condition either physical therapy or surgery should be performed.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.