Suffering from psoriasis in scalp and inside ears. Suggest a solution

Jul 2012

Hi Doctor, im suffering from Psoriasis. The psoriasis spots mostly occur in my scalp and inside both my ears. I have been applying a lotion on the same for over 6months now. The lotion which is a Betmethasone Dipropionate and Salicylic Acid Lotion (Sternon - S) reacts very fast but as soon as I discontinue using it, the same spots start to reappear. Kindly suggest a solution. Thank you
Posted Wed, 31 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 2 hours later
hi there.
I read your query with interest.
Please shift to daivobet (calcipotriol+betamethasone) lotion to be applied on the scalp at night for some 1 week; then switch to plain daivonex (calcipotriol) lotion therafter for a further 2-3 weeks. Use a coal tar based shampoo (Ionil-T) applied to a wet scalp & left for 10-15 mts contact twice/week in addition.
This is the best that can be done online. Ideally, please do visit a dermatologist nearest you on the ground. Trust this is specific & helpful. Cheers & Good Luck!!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD