Suffering from prolonged bleeding and feeling weak. What treatment should be done?

Hi iam bleeding for more than a month..due to which iam having weakness. I am even having irritation with the pad. What should I do, it is irritating
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 38 minutes later
First its important to find out why you are bleeding for such a long time. Prolonged bleeding can of course cause anemia and weakness. Some things to do:
Start iron supplements daily.You can try syrup/tablets as both are available.
You need to be assessed by a doctor.
Get an ultrasound of the uterus and adnexa.
Some blood tests should be done- Hb,CBC, thyroid profile, LH,FSH.BT,CT
You need to stop the bleeding can take tranemic acid/ehtamsylate thrice daily for 5 days.
Change the brand of the pad.