Suffering from painful bloated tummy and lower back pain. Have brown vaginal discharge. What could be the cause?

General Surgeon
I have been suffering from a very painful bloated tummy, lower back pain for 4 days . I've also got a brown vaginal discharge, do you know what could be causing this?
Posted Tue, 5 Nov 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pregnancy is possible.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for the query.

Brown vaginal discharge and bloating can be an early symptom of pregnancy. This is always possible even with Mirena coil.
If pregnancy test will be negative, other reasons should be considered. Sometimes such symptom can appear due to uterine inflammation or even cervical cancer.
Please visit your gynecologist, have pregnancy test, smear test and transvaginal ultrasound.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.