Suffering from irregular periods and hameglobin-7.8. Suggestions?

hi doctor i am suffering from irregular periods and hameglobin is 7.8 grm . I am 18 yrs old. Plz advice me to get regular periods.
Posted Fri, 16 Aug 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 14 minutes later
The commonest reasons for irregular periods at your age is some sort of hormonal imbalance. You need to find out what type of hormone problem you have with the help of blood tests and ultrasound.See your doctor and get the prescription of the tests to be done. LH,FSH,PROLACTIN,TSH..Start with these blood tests. Ideally they should be done on the 2nd day of your period. This way the hormone imbalance can be identified and the appropriate medication can be started.
At your age, thyroid dyfunction, hyper prolactenemia and PCOS are common problems. Dont worry. Its manageable.