Suffering from hot flashes, night sweats, interrupted sleep, fibromyalgia and had folliculitis. Take multivitamin, Hydrocortisone and Nystortin

I am a 48 year old female suffering from severe hot flashes/night sweats, interrupted sleep, fibromyalgia, recovering (since Dec. 29,12) from my 3rd cervical fusion and have a bad case of folliculitis. I've been seeing a dermatologist since XXXXXXX but my condition has not improved. I also have some plaques on my face, torso, back and legs that do not XXXXXXX I have had tinea versicolor so I recognize some of them could be that but I am not getting better.

I take a multivitamin daily, have had the folliculitis treated with Hydrocortisone 2.5%, an antifungal Nystortin, mucipronin but they do not help. I also took 2 months worth of doxycycline.
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Estrogen, Miconazole

Detailed Answer:

Most of the symptoms you have appear to be post/peri menopausal symptoms. Hot flashes/night sweats, interrupted sleep, skin lesions are very typical and are seen due to low estrogen levels.

I recommend you getting examined by a gynecologist and rule out the same. If confirmed then taking estrogen supplements would help you to get rid of all the symptoms.

For the Tinea, you can try a newer antifungal medication like Miconazole available in creams. Applying it twice daily after thoroughly washing the affected area would help.

Hope, I answered your query.