Suffering from gastritis, feeling sick. Had endoscopy. What does report suggest?

General Surgeon
sir am suffering from gastritis from 4 months last month i tested with endoscopy the report says errisions in fundel region am feeling sick every day plz suggest me
Posted Sat, 24 Aug 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. M Y Shareef 58 minutes later
Hi XXXXXX! I am Dr Shareef, a general surgeon answering your query.

Information on the following issues will help me more in solving your problem to a great extent :
1) Information on your food habit : Do you eat from outside frequently, specially fast, hot and fried food, and do you consume any alcoholic beverages !! Is your food timings are regular or irregular ?
2) Information on your bowel habit : Do you have loose motions alternating with constipation ? Is there frequent abdominal cramps and urgency to go to wash room? Is the frequency of motion is increased specially immediately after consuming food ?
3) Do you smoke or not.
4) Reports of any other routine investigations done so far (stool and urine test) including ultrasound abdomen and any report from the biopsy if done during endoscopy including test for H pylori.

Till you provide me these information, I will suggest you to go for a bland high roughage diet with enough liquids and fresh fruits.
Try to allay anxiety factor if any. Keep morning walk or jogging regularly in your routine.
On consultation with your doctor, you can add a proton pump inhibitor and a prokinetic drug along with a probiotic.
It is seen frequently that raising the head end of the bed improves the symptoms of gastritis up to a great extent which you too can try.

Awaiting your reply on the above for enabling me to guide you more. Thanks.
Follow-up: Suffering from gastritis, feeling sick. Had endoscopy. What does report suggest? 17 hours later
before 6 months am fine when i starts eating from outside the am getting nervous first i am suffered from malaria and typoid nearly 25 days after that i goes to city and there i examined with various tests they find urine infection and typoid then doctor write down various medicines am feel quite happy for 15 days after that i goes on sick every 5-6 days then he advised me to do endoscopy test i never consume alcohol smoked hardly 15-20 times i eat some meat and roti,dal,rice some
time my food timings are irregular before 6 monts i was fine there is no loose motion when i starts eating all these deceases starts other wise i fine i lost my weight 55 to 46 now after endoscopy doctor says take hp pantocid kit for 15 days after i feel quite well now i feeling same kind of symptoms like headache, pain in stomach and sleepy feeling and whole day as a sick plz advise me
Answered by Dr. M Y Shareef 3 hours later
Hi XXXXX! Thanks for responding with the details.

It is good that you never consume alcohol and I would suggest you not to smoke at all.

As I have advised, please keep the head end of your bed elevated and add a proton pump inhibitor, a prokinetic agent and a probiotic routinely for some time on consultation with your doctor who may also like to add a course of anti amebic drug which may cure your condition.

Many times some chronic infections like abdominal tuberculosis which is common in almost all parts of India may present as an unexplained loss of weight (as it is in your case from 55 to 46 kg) and some abdominal symptoms like chronic gastritis. For this an upper GI endoscopy with biopsy or a CECT scan of abdomen may help. However, you have to discuss this aspect of the diagnosis with your doctor who is the best judge to decide on these.

After discussing with your treating doctor, if you have got any further query on this you are welcomed to ask me. Thanks and wishing you an early recovery.
Follow-up: Suffering from gastritis, feeling sick. Had endoscopy. What does report suggest? 1 hour later
is there any side effects by taking ur suggested drugs if i take only pan-d and sucrafil syrup can this may lead to ulcer or cancer in karnataka amfrom a backward district plz tell me the medicine names that may use full to us head end ka matlab kya hai aur mere pav hath bahut kichthe hai aur muje safra bi bahut hota hai yaha ke doctor utne khas nai hai is liye api kuch kijiye badi mehrbani hogi
Answered by Dr. M Y Shareef 7 minutes later
Hi ! You can take Pan-D and sucrafil syrup as advised by your doctor. These are tested medicines and good for your symptoms. This does not lead to ulcer or cancer.

Head end means the end of bed where your head lies. Bed ke age ke hisse (jahan aap ka sar rahta hai) ke pairon ke niche do int rakh dijiye so that wo pairon ke end se uncha rahe sake. Is se aapko bahut faida ho sakta hai.

Daily add curd to your diet and take lemon water in plenty. Add some multi vitamins to your routine. This may reduce your body aches.

I hope I have answered your query by now. Wish you good luck.