Suffering from fever, cold and asthma. Test show high tlc and dlc. What is the treatment?

hi, my grandmother suffering from fever cold and asthma. test show high tlc and dlc. can you please guide how should he cure it. what to eat and what not.? any medicine? please answer me now , i am in big tension
Posted Mon, 6 Jan 2014 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: she needs antibiotics Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXX, I am sorry about your grandmother's current health status. The presence of fever, cold along with asthma suggests an acute infection. The tests showing high TLC and DLC also indicates an on-going infective process. In my view, your grandmother definitely needs a course of effective respiratory antibiotics. A third generation cephalosporin, or Augmentin would work good for her. she can eat bland food, and light food like oats, corn flakes, hot soups, milk, ginger tea, green tea. She should not take cold and refrigerated food, ice creams, banana, cold drinks. Please discuss with her treating doctor about the choice of antibiotic that would best suit her, and go ahead accordingly. I understand your worry. But, this is curable, not to worry much. Wish your grandmother a quick recovery. Regards,