Suffering from depression, sleeplessness. Need treatment

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I remain sleepless at night due to depression. Please consult some medicine and also please provide a prescription for this.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Depression
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 6 hours later
Insomnia or sleeplessness is present when there is difficulty initiating or maintaining sleep or when the sleep that is obtained is non-refreshing or of poor quality.
First of all, we should try the non pharmacological methods first. You should consult a sleep specialist and disscuss the treatment option of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-I). Sedatives are started only when the non pharmacological methods fail.
Since you feel that you are depressed, you may need good anti depressants after a physical consultation with your psychotherapist. An individualized drug schedule will be helpful in reducing your problem. An online prescription will not help you without a clinical evaluation.
Meanwhile, can you try the following non-medical interventions:
1. Stick to specific routine of wake and sleep.
2. Hit the bed exactly at that particular time.
3. Change in lifestyle - do not use the bed for any other purpose apart from sleep.
4. Warm cup of milk 30 min before planned sleep.
5. A 1 hr exercise routine added in the morning after you get up.
6. Avoiding any possible afternoon naps.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Suffering from depression, sleeplessness. Need treatment 4 hours later
Thank you doctor for your assistance, but problem of my depression is some of my personal problems which are getting acute day by day. It was not that I didn't tried to solve them but now they are out of my control. Hence can you suggest sleeping pills for me and its usage and please provide me a online prescription for that.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Thanks for writing again.
Since I haven’t physically examined you, it is inappropriate and unethical to
prescribe you scheduled drugs that you can order online. I am bound by the rules of law to not to give any online prescriptions. Hence you will have to see the physician for the medicines that you require.

Sorry for not being to be of assistance to you at this point of time.

Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.