Suffering from burning sensation in feet. Should I see a neurologist?

My feet burn so much at night that I am unable to sleep. Also at night my legs jerk involuntarily. Should I see
A neurologist?
Posted Mon, 30 Sep 2013 in Epilepsy
Answered by Dr. Guru 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, you have to consult Neurologist ASAP

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for consulting HealthCareMagic!

Burning sensation in feet is usually caused by peripheral neuropathy which in turn is caused by Diabetes Mellitus, Hypertension, smoking or excess alcohol consumption, proper cause for this and first manage the causative factor.

Involuntary jerks in an epileptic patient and particularly at your age is never normal. So, you need to consult a neurologist ASAP. Morever, you may also need and x XXXXXXX or MRI of lumbar spine as you are unable to sleep properly except in 45 degree angle (I am sorry to hear that).

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further. If you are satisfied please proceed with closing and rating this answer.

Wish you a good health!