Suffering from body pain and loss of appetite. Medical test normal. Have viral syndrome. Cure?

I am a 23yr old female. I have one child age 3. I am not a smoker, but I do drink socially. I used to be very active. But now I am miserable. I am in pain constantly. From my shoulders, my back, ribs, hips, and legs. I have absolutely no appetite and my weight has dropped to 103lbs. I am 5'9". I get constant migraines, with major light sensitivity and the inability to function. I literally wake up in the morning in tears from the pain. I can barely function in my day to day light. My menstral cycles are inconsistent and very very heavy, and my bowel movements vary from exploding painful diahrrea to constipation. Internally I hurt. I feel bloated all the time, and I get full way to quick to the point where it makes me nauseous. I bruise too easily, and bleed too easily. I get tired way too quickly and I have absolutely no energy at all. I have had head and lumbar MRI done, Multiple Head and neck CT, Lots of bloodwork, two spinal taps and everything has come up inconclusive. I have an arachnoid cyst but my neurologist says its nothing to worry about. I've been on so many different types of medications as well. I've been diagnosed with Epstein Barr Virus and Viral Syndrome as well as Scheuermanns Disease. What am I missing!? Why am I in so much pain!? This is becoming unbearable to live with. Please help me!!
Posted Wed, 2 Jan 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 6 hours later

I appreciate your efforts for taking medical opinion here despite the distress.

You case is interesting and but difficult too; even your attending physician is facing difficulties. I will try to give my best effort to help you in this problem.

As your multiple tests (head and lumbar MRI, Multiple Head and neck CT, Lots of blood work, two spinal taps) are normal then post viral syndrome is the most probable cause of your symptoms.

In post viral syndrome patient usually have multiple pain complaints, lethargy, anxiety/depressive symptoms, gastric disturbance and disturb sleep. Usually these symptoms last for few months.

Following steps will help you:
-Take plenty of water daily
-Healthy diet like fruits, milk and juice
-Daily morning and evening walk
-Get investigated for thyroid function test, as thyroid problem may be the cause for some of your symptoms and menstrual irregularities.
-In presence of anxiety/depressive symptoms short duration treatment from psychiatrist will help.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.

Dr Ashish XXXXXXX Mittal