Suffering from asthma bronchiale. Which specialist should I consult?

Dear Doctor,

My wife is suffering from Asthama bronchiale since Aug 11, the condition in monsoon is becoming very hard to manage. I wish to consult a specialist in this field.

It would be very helpfull if you could guide me on same.

Thanks and Regards.
Posted Wed, 17 Oct 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Dinesh Goyal 20 hours later

Asthma per-say is a chronic disease of bronchi and allergic in nature. I will personally suggest you to get the diagnosis confirmed before taking any further action like medication. PFT or lung function test or pulmonary function test is one of the best tests to confirm the diagnosis.

If diagnosis of bronchial asthma is established, it will also tell you the severity of asthma, depending upon the severity of asthma further long-term treatment plan can be chalked out.

So in short, I need PFT test before suggesting you something.

I hope to have answered your query. Do write back if you have further queries to ask.