Suffering from GERD. Feeling lightheaded after taking nexpro. Is this normal?

Question
HI I just got to kno wthat I am suffering from GERD. Doctor gave me Nexpro 40. But after having that i feel lightheaded XXXXXXX Is it normal?
Posted Wed, 1 May 2013 in GERD

Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 8 minutes later

Nexpro 40 mg has nothing to do with light headedness, these are the antacid pills which reduce the production of gastric acid. Normally these pills are devoid of side effects.May be we should find the other reasons for the problem. If you face the same problem again and again I suggest you to consult your treating physician.

If you need any any further clarifications , you can ask follow up question.

DR.sivayogi

Follow-up: Suffering from GERD. Feeling lightheaded after taking nexpro. Is this normal? 1 hour later
Thanks Doctor. Even I am suffering from obstructive sleep apnea- That also can be reason?

Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 39 minutes later
Hi welcome back,

Yes, light headedness will be seen in obstructive sleep apnea. The common triad of obstructive sleep apnea is loud snoring with Apneas and day time somnolence.

Most of people complain about headaches,light headedness, lack of concentration and memory lose in the morning. We can include that ,this may be the possible reason for your complaint.

DR.sivayogi

Follow-up: Suffering from GERD. Feeling lightheaded after taking nexpro. Is this normal? 15 hours later
OK Can you suggest bpossible medications for sleep Apnea.. Which doctor to see in Manipal Hospital in Bangalore as my other medication w.r.t to GERD is been treated there ?

Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 9 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,

Obstructive sleep apnea has multiple etiologies. It can be caused by obesity,organic diseases, ENT problems, sleep disorders. So you will be examined thoroughly by a team of doctors to find out the exact cause for it.

POLYSOMNOGRAPHY - sleep study, it's a special study used to diagnose your problem. So you can consult in the Dept.of ENT or Pulmonology in Manipal hospital.

You can also get your GERD treated by a gastroenterologist at Manipal

If you need any further clarifications write back to us.
DR.sivayogi