Suffering from Addisons disease, anxiety, stress. Can I smoke weed to counter this?

Is it XXXXXXX to smoke weed to help nerves if you have Addisons disease?
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 1 hour later

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

Important aspects of your query are:
• 37 year old female
• Known case of Addisons disease
• Concern related to weed use.

Weed contain cannabis. As you are having problem of anxiety and stress (nerves) then smoking weed is harmful for you.

Cannabis itself increases anxiety and may also leads to panic attacks. Having addisons disease is itself a risk factor for anxiety and weed use will further exacerbate it.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.