Suffering from ADHD and panic disoredr. Doctor declined to refill medication. What can be done?

Dec 2012

My fiance's physician has retired and the practice is refusing to keep him on as a patient or refill his medications for ADHD and panic disorder - conditions he has been medicated for since 1995 and still suffers from at 38 years old. He is suffering and so am I. He has been sleeping for days and the doctors refuse to refill his prescriptions or speak to me about them. What can I do to help him?
Posted Sun, 19 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 2 hours later
Thanks for posting your query,

The truth is that if you went to a doctor and asked him to refill a prescription ordered by anothwr doctor most will shun away. What I will suggest is that, since the the problem is a paychiatric disorder, you should book an appointment with a psychiatrist so that he can be reevaluated peoperly and ones he/she reaches the conclusion that he is still suffering from ADHD they will normally have to give him a prescriprion to treat the condition.
Normally a doctor will have to attend to you somehow and find out if hisband still suffering from same condition or not and provide best management plan.

Best wishes and hope i was helpful.
Dr. Nsah