Suffer menstrual cramps and heavy flow. Took meftal forte. Having sever and abdominal and lower back pain. Remedy?

Ayurveda Specialist
I am 19. From the day of menarch till now i suffer from severe menstrual cramps and heavy flow on 1st and 3 rd day. I m fed up of it after 6 years. Few months back i took a meftal forte and it nullified all my problems for two days. Later on when once again i took it the effects were less. So i didn't use it afterwards. Abdominal, lower back pains are terrible and i am unable to sit in class. Please suggest some medicine and advice me on meftal forte. There is also a weak feeling in my leg and also gas problems and flatulence increase.
Posted Sat, 17 Aug 2013 in Ayurveda
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 2 hours later

Thanks for contacting Ayurveda with your query; the following points needs clarification:

1. At your age, low hemoglobin level and under active thyroid are major concerns, make sure these investigations are carried out.
2. Any habit of undue anger/grief or taking spicy food.
3. Excess flatus and gas means problem with digestion, so is your digestive system normal.
4. Were you evaluated by your gynecologist for any uterus/cervix pathology.

Hope this helps. Write back for further discussion.

Dr.Munish Sood
MD. (Ayu.) Kayachikitsa
Consultant & Physician
Naimittika Clinic
Follow-up: Suffer menstrual cramps and heavy flow. Took meftal forte. Having sever and abdominal and lower back pain. Remedy? 54 minutes later
I do not have any thyroid problem. My hb is around 10. Although there have been no test but i had visited 2 gynaecologists who did not tell about any problem as such. I am in a little tension ralated to my studies but no other grief. I do not take spicy food cause i can't tolerate much spices. I also don't eat outside but i have this stomach ache due to gas from a few months. I have read about some ayurvedic medicines for dysmenorrhoea but haven't taken any yet. I want a prescription of ayurvedic medicines that can relieve of this discomfort. Please give me a solution.
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 39 hours later

1. As you have already been seen by 2 gynecologist, thus any structural pathology is ruled out.
2. Avoid: mustard oil, caffeine, alcohol, spices (ginger,garlic,onion,sour and citrus food / fruits, pickles, curd, asafetida, day sleeping and night waking, black gram, excess anger, tension, buffalo's milk, heavy and constipating food - junk food).
3. Take pumpkin, black grapes, pears, milk, green gram, spinach, coriander, mint, white gourd melon, carrot, banana, pomegranate.
4. Because low hemoglobin is an associated factor; thus take diet consisting of milk, ghee, boiled eggs, cod liver oil, honey, butter milk, amalaki can be useful.
5. Mix sugar / jaggery in Revand chini 8gms and take twice daily (OR) boil leaves of Dhatura in water and give hot water fomentation on pelvis area to reduce pain associated with your menstrual tension.
6. Useful home remedy: take crushed black sesame seeds (according to your palm) and pour it in hot water tub and immerse yourself into the tub (make sure your that pelvic area remains under water) for 15 minutes, helps in relieving menstrual pain.
7. Heat leaves of neem (5-7) and tied below navel region helps in relieving menstrual cramps.
8. Ajmodai churan, Kaumaryassav, Dashmoolarishta, XXXXXXX pravartini vati (Orally) and use of “Hingvadi tail” as tampon in vagina. These ayurveda medication can be helpful. You can consult with an Ayurveda Gynecologist regarding the same.
9. Regarding your advice on meftal forte : it is an analgesic, antipyretic and anti inflammatory drug and helps in relieving pain associated with menstrual cramps and pain.
10.     For your gas and flatulence trouble; avoid swallowing of air (e.g. sipping tea,chewing gum, aerated drinks), eat slowly, avoid haste, chew properly and avoid over eating, close the mouth while belching, avoid oily food, peas,beans, onions.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Dr. Munish Sood
Naimittika Clinic.