Suffer from lower back pain. Doing back exercise. X-ray normal. Pain radiates till left leg. Permanent cure?

Spine Surgeon
I am suffering from lower back pain since 2 months. I started with some back pain exercises which gave me relief to some extent. I have taken an X-ray which shows everything is normal. The pain aggrevates when I drive a car or sit for long hours or take physical strain. The pain start from lower back and extends till left leg. I'm looking for a permanant cure.
Posted Tue, 6 Aug 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 16 minutes later
Lower back pain may be due to back muscle spasm which happens due to muscle fatigue. It has become commoner in people having sitting job and long travels. Another important aspect is to rule out spinal problem such as disc prolapse. I would suggest consulting a spine specialist and getting a thorough exam to rule out serious issue. You said about leg pain which may happen due to nerve pressure in spine. If you have persistent back and leg pain then you may need to get MRI spine to rule out disc prolapse (usually not seen on X-rays).
Please take vitamin D3 cap or injection for deficiency. It is a sure shot way of correcting the deficiency. Thanks.
Follow-up: Suffer from lower back pain. Doing back exercise. X-ray normal. Pain radiates till left leg. Permanent cure? 3 days later

Further to the health query that had. I went for a MRI for lumbar spine. Attached herewith the report for your reference.

Hope this helps you to suggest me further course of action that I should take.

Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 4 hours later
I looked at the report. You have disc bulges at multiple levels. It usually causes back pain but you do not have nerve pressure on MRI.
You need to consult a physiotherapist and start doing back muscle stretching and exercise. Also start hamstring stretching. You can take anti-inflammatory with muscle relaxant for pain relief. Regular exercise should resolve the issue.
Vit D3 deficiency also contribute to the back pain so make sure you replete its body store. Thanks.