Suffer from chest discomfort and palpitations. Blood test and scan reports normal. Gall bladder removed. Having upper back pain and nausea. Cure?

Hi, my symptoms started 2 years ago with chest discomfort and palpitations in Canada where I was admitted in hospital and did all sorts of examinations and finally did the angiogram and it was negative, but still I had some shortness of breath and chest pain, I went to a chiropractor and in one session she relived me of my pain, her diagnose was a rib movement. I was ok for one year, and one year ago I had a sudden palpitation again and chest discomfort and I was taken to emergency 8 times in one month with the same symptom and every time I would be discharged and saying that I had noting wrong with my heart. My discomfort and shortness of breath and fatigue continued and I could not eat anything for a month and a half, and I was only drinking juices. All my blood tests and x rays were ok they even did CT angiogram and it was negative, I did all the heart tests and they turned negative too. Finally I went to a rhomotologest and she said that I had a inflimation in my rib joint. I took a complete course of medications and it was almost the same. I even went to Thailand hospitals for one month and same results, I even removed my gall bladder stone three weeks ago and still the same, I still have the upper back pain and nausea and chest discomfort and fatigue and shortness of breath, I really don't know what to do or whom should I consult. please help me
Posted Fri, 26 Jul 2013 in Environmental and Occupational Hazards
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 10 hours later
Thanks for posting the query on XXXXXXX After going through your query, I would like to comment the following:

1. You seem to have chest discomfort and breathlessness. Is the chest pain localised? Is it on the right side? Is the pain increased with respiration?

2. Cardiac causes being ruled out, the cause has to be in the lungs or chest wall.

3. Since gall stones were removed, it needs to be mentioned here that gall stones do cause such pain which is referred to the shoulders also. Costochondritis or rib inflammation is another cause.

3. You should consult a pulmonologist and get yourself evaluated. Investigations that may be required are MRI thorax if chest wall involvement is suspected and also pulmonary function tests. A USG abdomen to check if there is any residual gall stones need to be done.

4. Thus further evaluation is required. Meanwhile you may take analgesics and antacids in consultation with your doctor for symptomatic relief.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any.
Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra
Consultant Pulmonologist