Suffer from Brain Stroke, taking Deplatt. Does MRI report suggests to undergo surgery?

Neurologist
Question
My husband suffer from Brain Stroke. In MRI Report, 1.Old Lacunar Infarct in left posterior parietal subcortical white matter 2.No flow beyond M1 Segment of left MCA. He is taking Deplatt - A 75 mg tablet alone. Whether any surgery needed? No blood flow in left part of brain,how to remove the infarct. Pls help us.
Posted Mon, 9 Dec 2013 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Sandhya Manorenj 2 hours later
Brief Answer: hi Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for writing in. Your husband has brain stroke secondary to block at M1 segment of middle cerebral artery which can produce major infarct as it is the initial segment /first segment. Thank god that he has lacunar infarct only (small infarct). He need to continue deplattA, in addition he requires statins ( lipid lowering drugs) which have plaque stabilization function, hence prevent dislodgement of clot in artery. There is no need of surgery in his case In view of young(presuming) onset of stroke one need to check blood sugar, lipids level, homocysteine level, carotid artery doppler and 2D echo as work up for stroke.Accordingly additional drugs to be added. He also should have plenty of fluids 3 litre per day, physiotherapy.We can help you more If the duration of stroke is known and present neurological deficit. Hope I have answered your query.If you require any additional information ,please get back to me. Regards Dr Sandhya Manorenj Consultant Neurologist Hyderabad India

Follow-up: Suffer from Brain Stroke, taking Deplatt. Does MRI report suggests to undergo surgery? 20 minutes later
Mam, Thanks a lot for your Information.Will send you all the reports asap. Pls ,Kindly provide your contact No for further Queries. My husband is just 28 years old.We dont have kid too. we are totally helpless & confusing every doctor opinion. Kindly help us. U can contact me @ 0000

Answered by Dr. Sandhya Manorenj 24 hours later
Brief Answer: hi Detailed Answer: Hi, Don't worry everything will be alright .Upload the details for further help

Follow-up: Suffer from Brain Stroke, taking Deplatt. Does MRI report suggests to undergo surgery? 4 days later
Hi Mam, Thanks a lot for your Help. Have try to sent you all the reports to your gmail id - YYYY@YYYY . Even I try to upload documents here. It got failed. Request you to verify the GMAIL Id & provide right ID.

Answered by Dr. Sandhya Manorenj 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Hello Detailed Answer: the email ID is correct. yOu may please get with Health care magic customer care for your document upload related issue. They will be glad to assist you with the upload of document