Suffer acidity and stomach pain. Abdominal sonography showed kidney stone. What to do?

Gastroenterologist
Question
hi XXXXXXX here frm blore....my question is on acidity and stomuch pain... on 12th of july I had a abdomanial sonography which came as kidney stone in right side size of 5mm... I actually went for
sonography to test for acidity or ulcer... no ulcers found or no issues vth stomuch in scan but there is a 5mm calculus...I am on ayurvedic medication since 12th... but acidity is not reduced. pls tell me what can be the case
Posted Thu, 15 Aug 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you.
Ulcer is not diagnosed with sonography.
Ulcer is diagnosed with endoscopy.
For relief of ulcer pain, you need to take antacids and antiulcer medications.
If endoscopy shows ulcer, then you should also get tested for H.pylori infection.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly rate this service.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: Suffer acidity and stomach pain. Abdominal sonography showed kidney stone. What to do? 28 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX thanks for your reply. My concern is if I have ulcer I should be in pain for 24 hours. Its not the case here.. The pain arrives when I am hungry and stays for 1 or 2 days...
I am confused now. I have the test reports and urine test report which is normal apart from 5MM calculus in right renal.

Are you bangalore based? if yes I am happy to bring my reports to consult you. Please let me know. And Please suggest some antacids and antiulcer medications.

Thank you.
XXXXX
0000

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 3 hours later
You need not have pain round the clock if you have ulcer.
Endoscopy may be done to see whether you have ulcer.
I am not Bangalore based.
For renal calculus you can consult an Urologist.
You can take Adiza once daily before breakfast and Syrup Digecaine 10 ml 3 times a day.

I hope that answers your question.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini