Strange discomfort in head, nausea, having acidity in stomach. Are these related?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2013
Feb 2013
Excellent

Pediatrician
Question
since last three days there is a strange discomfort in the left side of my head sometimes it can be till the temple eyes and back of the head,it started 3 days back in the morning when I woke up.
there is a uneasyness in the eyes also which is there and accompanied by a nausea and sleeping feeling sometimes.

Also there has been some acidity in my stomach too. don't know if they are linked but its irritating the whole day.
Posted Fri, 8 Mar 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 22 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic,

The one sided discomfort in head associated with discomfort in eyes and nausea may be due to an attack of migraine headache.

Did you have any similar episodes or frequent headaches in the past?

Do any of your family member have migraine?

Please send me the information so that I can advise you in a better way.

The discomfort and acidity feeling of the stomach may be related to this episode as in migraine the gastrointestinal symptoms will be present.

Awaiting your answers.

Regards.

Follow-up: Strange discomfort in head, nausea, having acidity in stomach. Are these related? 6 minutes later
This has happened for the first time with me and none of family members has migrane the dull headache / discmfirt is present throughout the day since three days nw ,the ache sometimes is on the front side smtimes at backside top head

Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 9 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thank you for the quick response.

Unilateral discomfort in the head associated with nausea most probably due to migraine or some local causes like tooth pain, pain in the ears, temperomandibular joint problems, and eye related problems like refractory errors.

For this discomfort you can take simple analgesic like paracetamol tablet in prescribed dosage.

But consult your Physician to look for the causes of headache by proper clinical evaluation.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.

Regards.

Follow-up: Strange discomfort in head, nausea, having acidity in stomach. Are these related? 2 minutes later
Are there any test that should be done and is this migrane ?

Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 10 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thank you for your query,

The neccessity for the tests depends on complete clinical profile of your symptoms and on clinical findings after the examination of your neurological system and related systems examination.

The examination will guide to go for brain imaging like CT Scan brain as it may be necessary in the evaluation of headache.

Migraine is diagnosed clinically depending on the history, frequency, and the nature of the headache. And in typical cases of migraine, investigations are not required.

So I advise you to XXXXXXX your Physician or Neurophysician for the evaluation of your headache and appropriate management.

Regards.