Sting on the finger, swelling of wrist, tingling. Used icepacks. What should be done for recovery?

May 2013
I was stung on my finger by a bee (not sure the type) a few weeks ago. I still have swelling of the wrist and the tips of my fingers are tingling all the time. I have used ice packs but wonder what else I should do
Posted Sun, 1 Jul 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
thanks for the query.

usually pain because of sting will subside in hours whereas swelling and itching may persist for one week.

the possible causes of persisting symptoms are,

-scratching over the area,

-using aspirin paste etc on that area,

-possibility of associated infection like tetanus because of sting,

as keeping ice packs are said to be better treatment than creams and you are experiencing the symptoms since few weeks,

-you better visit local physician and get examined to find out the possible cause

- treatment can be taken according to it

-and take tetanus immunization if not taken before.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
take care.