Stepped on a rusty barbed wire. Having terrible knee pain. Any correlation to the hole in foot?

I stepped on a rusty barbed wire.
Healed up OK...but a week later I'm having terrible knee pain. SI there any correlation to the hole in my foot?
Posted Fri, 23 Nov 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 3 hours later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

There is no connection between the knee pain and the previous injury on the foot and it is unlikely that any pathology could have spread from your foot to your knee. The knee pain is likely to be an independent problem. You are probably having an arthritis of the knee, which needs further evaluation to find out what the cause is.

I would suggest that it is better to get knee examined by a doctor and take appropriate treatment depending upon the problem detected.

(I hope that you have had a TT (tetanus shot) within the last 5 years, if not you need to have one, since you had stepped on a rusty barbed wire)

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar