Started spotting between period. Feeling depressed. How to stop this?

I've recently experienced daily spotting inbetween my period...not just once or twice, but every day. It's embarressing and depressing. I just want to stop it and be able to live a normal like where I can be assured that I will not be bleeding 24/7. Is there anything I can do to stop this?

Posted Tue, 24 Jul 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Irregular vaginal spotting suggests that there is some hormonal disbalance or a cervical lesion which is causing the recurrent spotting.
It is likely to be due to a uterine or cervical cause like uterine polyp, cervical dysplasia, chronic cervicitis, cervical polyp, vaginal bacterial infection, dysfunctional uterine bleeding. etc.

These causes can be ruled out by your gynaecologist by doing a PAP smear and a lower abdomen ultrasound scan. Treatment will depend on the cause.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.