Started periods. Started sever pain and vomiting. Chest xray done. What is the required treatment?

May 2013
51 yr olds, not menopausal. On period wed morning severe pain sat on toilet so bad threw up violently. Ribs back hurting went doc Fri. chest xray ok gave zpack. Over weekend end of period yellow on tampon, today yellow XXXXXX thicker on side tampon.
Posted Sun, 14 Oct 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

According to your description the possibilities are:
Crohns disease: can flareup during periods. And can present with pain abdomen, frequent bowel movements, vomitings.
Yellow stain could be because of possible yeast infection during flaring up or rarely due to presence of fistulous track between intestines and vagina.

Pelvic inflammatory disease: it can present with pain abdomen that can become severe during periods.
Nausea, vomitings, vaginal discharge etc can be seen in PID.
The color of the discharge depends on the causative organism.
Chlamydia, gonorrhea etc can cause yellow to greenish yellow discharge.
Infection can occur by skin to skin contact apart from sexual intercourse.

So better you once consult gynecologist or general physician to get examined and to rule out above possibilities.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.