Started coughing with mucus. Had unprotected sex. Started itching and burning vagina. Chances of infection?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Question
I have had some type of alleergies this past week alot of coughing and mucas but no fever as these symtoms started to go away i was feeling better so my husband and i had sex he did ejaculate inside of me 3days late i started having some itching and burning so i immeditely went and bought monistate 1 .. no buring,redness,itching, or oder , but i have some greenish type of cream coming out today.. is that the infection? Normal?
Posted Tue, 14 Aug 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 4 hours later
Hai XXXXXX,

Thanks for your question.
Following ejaculation you developed itching and burning sensation. You are also having tendency for allergy.If your husband is on some drugs may likely to cause itching and burning. So rule out the possibility.

Next possibility may be the yeast infection. Following Monistat it may take few days to week that you become normal and the discharge to cease completely. Moreover you may have to continue the treatment tab. Fluacanzole once week for 3-4 weeks to get rid of your problem completely. Your sex partner also should be examined and if necessary to be treated.

Certain predisposing factors like prolonged oral antibiotics, steroids, other immune suppressive drugs intake should be stopped to prevent relapse. Diabetes mellitus also be better to be ruled out.
Then you will be absolutely free from your problem.
Get well soon.
Dr S.Murugan