Started brown discharge after periods. Feeling headaches, tired and slightly nauseous. Is this normal?

May 2013
Ended my period on the 1st , startng the 7th I have had brown discharge , headaches,slightly nausis at times,tired and sinus like pressure , Is this normal?
Posted Tue, 28 Aug 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later

according to your description possibly you might have ended your periods on 5th day of cycle, so there is possibility for occurrence of ovulation on or around 7th of August.
so your symptoms may be because of mittelschmerz and associated symptoms.
mittelschmerz means ovulatory pain which can occur due to stretching of capsule of ovary during release of ovum,
that pain sometimes can cause nausea,
mild spotting or brownish discharge etc can be seen associated with it due to the decrease in level of estrogen during ovulation,
other symptoms may also be due to release of prostaglandins etc during ovulation,

so if your symptoms subsided soon and if that not severe enough to seek medical advice then no need to bother,
but if your symptoms persist or become severe better to consult gynecologist once.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.