Started bleeding after taking i-pill. Should I be concerned?

My wife has taken i-pill contraceptive pills last week(1st May). There was no problem last week after taking the tablet. But, she is having bleeding since yesterday night. She had her menstruation cycle on 25 April. Is it something to be concerned about?
Posted Fri, 24 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 17 minutes later
The effect of the ipill is withdrawal bleeding. Since she took the pill on 1st may,she should have had bleeding within a week. Thats what has happened. This happens as a normal effect of the emergency pill. There is nothing to worry about. But remember that taking the ipill multiple times will cause side effects like irregular cycles and may be ineffective.