Sperm test showed total count 65mill, active =45%,sluggish 15% non-motile 40%, pus cells 12-15/hpf. Meaning?

Jul 2016

Hi Dr
My sperm test is as below pl suggest
Volume=2.5ml; liq time=30min
ph alkaline; total count 65mill
active =45%,sluggish 15% non-motile 40%, pus cells 12-15/hpf
Posted Sun, 3 Nov 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is normal except presence of Infection.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts and report of your semen analysis that you have posted it appears that your semen analysis report is normal as per WHO standards .

The total sperm count is 65millions and percentage of active motile sperm which is important from the point of effective fertilization of female egg to impregnate your wife is also within normal range .
Only abnormal finding is presence of 12-15 pus cells which is suggestive of infection either in Seminal Vesicle or Prostate.

Please take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefotaxime for 6 weeks and repeat semen analysis after 2 months to confirm whether infection has subsided or not.This is very important to impregnate your wife .

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you

Follow-up: Sperm test showed total count 65mill, active =45%,sluggish 15% non-motile 40%, pus cells 12-15/hpf. Meaning? 21 minutes later
I have taken Fertisure M from last 4 weeks, this week my wife has a ovulation time and we are planning for baby.
Can you suggest based on above report and doses of Fertisure M , teh changes of my wife getting pregnant are ok?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It is possible for your wife to conceive.

Detailed Answer:
Looking at the semen analysis with normal sperm count and motility of sperms there are chances of conception.
Thanks and Regards.
Dr. Patil.