What are the chances of conception with a motile sperm count of 45%?
User rating for this question
Hi I am XXXX, 32 years old. We are trying to conceive from almost 1.5 years. All my reports are normal and my husband motile sperm count is 45%. So is that count is ok?
Posted Thu, 26 Dec 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: Slightly on a lower side. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. For analysis of semen the sample should be fresh after sexual abstinence of 2 to 4 days to give accurate results. Normally, 1. The normal volume of semen is more than 1 ml. 2. The liquefaction of the semen should occur in 10 to 30 minutes. 3. pH should be alkaline(between 7.2 and 7.8). 4. Sperm count is the total number of sperms in a sample and should not be less than 10 million. 5. Motility is the movement of the sperms and in sample at least 50% of the sperms should be motile from which at least 20% of the sperms should progress rapidly. 6. Pus cells can vary and 5 or 6 are normal in a sample. The motile sperm count of 45% is slightly on a lower side. But conception by natural way is still possible. Some suggestions for your husband: 1) Have a healthy nutritious diet comprising fruits, veggies, salads etc. Include bananas, avocados, nuts, tomatoes, oysters as they help in increasing sperm count. 2) Take a Zinc, selenium, l-carnitine, vitamins C and E supplementation once daily for few months. 3) Abstain from smoking and alcohol. 4) Do some form of exercise daily. 5) Avoid stress and practice meditation. Consider visiting an Infertility Specialist for thorough evaluation and repeat the semen analysis after at least three months of supplements as suggested. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
People also viewed
- How sebaceous glands cause bump
- How often do you take a shower bath
- What are the chances of conception with ruptured follicles
- Does benforce m tablet increase fertility
- Honey benifite for motility
- Bengal infertility and reproductive therapy hospital
- What are my chances of conception with susten
- What are the chances of conception with malformed sperm
- Benfit of methycobal for sperm count
- How to clear scars on back of thighs and butt
- Minimum sperm motility active sluggish for conception
- Walnut benefits for sperm
- What are my chances of conception with 30 motility
- How to dissolve cataracts using sidda
- How to fatten new born baby