Sperm analysis. Possibility of being a father?

hello sir, here are the results from my sperm analsys. Will I be able to have children volume 1.0, P.H 7.2, viscosity moderate, sperm concentration 7.52, ejaculation count 7.52, total motile sperm count 3.52, motile sperm 46.8, and normal morpholgy 28%
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 29 minutes later

Let me interpret your results:

The volume of semen less than 1 ml is abnormal.The liquefaction of the semen should occur in 10 to 30 minutes and ph should indicate it to be alkaline(between 7.2 and 7.8).

Sperm count is the total number of sperms in a sample and should not be less than 15 million.

Motility is the movement of the sperms and in sample at least 50% of the sperms should be motile from which at least 20% of the sperms should progress rapidly.

Pus cells can vary and 5 or 6 are normal in a sample.

Your report suggests that you have a slightly decreased sperm counts.The reproductive capability is slightly reduced.

Semen analysis has to be repeated to confirm if there is actual reduction of sperm count.

Some suggestions for you:

1) Have a healthy nutritious diet comprising fruits, veggies, salads etc. Include bananas, avocados, nuts, tomatoes, oysters as they help in increasing sperm count.
2) Take a Zinc supplementation once daily for few months.
3) Abstain from smoking and alcohol.
4) Do some form of exercise daily.
5) Avoid stress and practice meditation.

Consider visiting an Infertility Specialist for thorough evaluation.

At this stage I think it may be difficult to have a child.

Hope I have answered your query.

Kindly repeat sperm count few days later.

I will be available for follow up if any.