Spasm in butt, cannot stand straight, pain in groin , cannot lift leg when lying down. Suggest?

Spasm in my left butt can not stand straight for several seconds very painful. Pain in groin like a crapping cannot walk for more then 10 minutes without sitting. Can not lift left leg when laying down. Leg gets very heavy to geit car bed couch.
Posted Wed, 3 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
The pain and spasm in buttocks and hip and inability to maintain posture is quite suggestive of muskuloskeletal problem in the left hip region.
Get investigated a complete blood counts, ESR, CRP, XRAY AFFECTED Hip Anteroposterior and Lateral views and an ultrasound of the hip region will give valuble inputs to diagnosis.
Get a local clinical examination by an Orthopedician.
The cause can be osteoarthritis/vascular necrosis/ septic arthritis/ TB of hip or psoas abscess.
It will be more clear after the advised work up and after which a treatment can be planned.
I hope the advise will be helpful for you.
Follow-up: Spasm in butt, cannot stand straight, pain in groin , cannot lift leg when lying down. Suggest? 13 hours later
Does this look more toward a hip problem then a mussel problem?is the heaviest I have in my leg go along with hip?
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 14 hours later
Welcome back.
The problem can be due to hip joint problem or due to muscle trouble.
It can be differentiated by the local physical examination and the clinical work up I advised in previous answer.
It seems more of a bone problem.
I hope the advise would be helpful for you.