Soreness in neck, and headache

General Surgeon
My neck feels sore about 5 days and it feels like it is hanging on a thread. Im now getting severve headaches can u advise me on what this could be. Thanks r AAAAA
Posted Thu, 27 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 15 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Such pain may be caused by neuralgia of arm nerves or spinal nerves due to spinal cord diseases; muscular tightness, soft tissue inflammation due to cold air effect.
If your pain radiates to arm it is neuralgia caused by spinal cord disease.
If your neck aches when moving, muscles problem is more likely.
It is advisable to visit your doctor for some anti-inflammatory medicines and muscles relaxants. Warm compresses may ease your pain as well. If after a week of such therapy your symptoms wont go away, MRI of spinal cord might be necessary.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions