Sore throat, chest congestion, tightness, pain on coughing, ringing sound in ears. Treatment?

Question
I have had sore throat for a few days and now my chest is congested! Feels tight and hurts to cough. Roaring sound ub my hearing.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

Based on the symptoms you mentioned , I suspect you having upper bacterial infection.I suggest you to gargle with chlorhexidine solution thrice daily after food.It will surely help you get rid of the symptoms within two days .If there is no resolution then I consider there is a well established bacterial infection which may need antibiotics to treat.

Then I would suggest you to consult your treating doctor who can examine you and advice appropriate antibiotics.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Follow-up: Sore throat, chest congestion, tightness, pain on coughing, ringing sound in ears. Treatment? 10 minutes later
Thank you, I also have a horrible taste un my mouth! Does this sound normal?

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 minutes later
Hi ,

Thanks for writing back.

Yes, its a typical presentation in viral fever.Chlorhexidine will help here too.

Follow-up: Sore throat, chest congestion, tightness, pain on coughing, ringing sound in ears. Treatment? 1 hour later
Thank you! Have a Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year!

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 57 minutes later
You are welcome , Happy Christmas to you too