Sore on penis due to dry masturbation. Syphilis chancre more likely?

Question
My boyfriend had a dime-sized sore on his penis last weekend, like a fairly large broken blister. He said that it occured as the result of dry masturbation. In nine years of dating him, I've never seen a sore like that. Is his explanation believeable, or is a syphillis chancre more likely?
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Mitaly 22 minutes later

Blister on the penis can be due to various reasons as infections as Herpes,Syphilis,uncontrolled Blood Sugar.

Dry masturbation can also cause soreness .But if it is associated with any discharge, it increases in size,turns into an ulcer and is quite painful then there is more probability of infectious cause is present.

If he has a family history of Blood Sugar then it is advisable to get his sugars and BP evaluated once to rule out that possibility.

Some measures which you can advice him:
1)Clean the area twice with any antibacterial soap and water and keep it dry.

2)Restrict smoking and alcohol.

3)Avoid intercourse until it is healed.

4)Wear cotton undies.

5)Apply Neosporin powder after discussing with the physician.

If there is progression to other symptoms as discharge,ulcer formation then consider visiting a Physician for evaluation so that appropriate treatment can be started soon after clinical examination and required investigations.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up if any.