Something under nails. Took acyclovir. What could it be?

Something under my nails and fingers and hands. Circle after circular bumps in a tracking that tends to get scaly. The center of circles contain hard to remove thing but, immediate relief from stinging or at times itching results. A nail salon worker was laughing as I left about having just helped it along that which she claimed I already had and other workers were upset at her. I thought that was strange along with her having given me an each finger rub down then, an air warm dryer for no apparent reason. What has happened? Not shingles and Meds for scabies plus, acyclovir did not solve two times treated for both. I overheard that it was something sent to her (salon worker) from overseas and that it will be next to impossible for XXXXXXX to detect (a witch trick). I rushed to the restroom to wash well, she appeared to be XXXXXXX It's been 12 years of misery and expense for no real diagnosis. Please, please help.
Posted Thu, 21 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Hello . Thank you for your question. Detailed Answer: I would be pleased to assist you with your problem. I can understand how miserable you might be feeling without a diagnosis . From your history it indicates to me that you have Porokeratosis in which one sees circular bumps with sometimes a hard keratin like material in the centre. This is caused by certain risk factors that include genetic inheritance, ultraviolet light exposure, and immunosuppression. It develops slowly and expands over the years. Protection from the sun, use of emollients, and watchful observation for signs of malignant degeneration may be all that is needed for many patients. If lesions are widespread and medical treatment is desired, several medications have potential benefit. These include: Topical 5-fluorouracil Treatment must be continued until a brisk inflammatory reaction is obtained. Recurrences may be seen. Topical vitamin D-3 analogues Both calcipotriol and tacalcitol have been shown to be effective after 3-6 months of treatment . Immunomodulators Topical imiquimod cream has been shown to be effective. Topical retinoids Topically applied retinoids (tretinoin, tazarotene) may be beneficial for improving the abnormality in keratinization that causes cornoid lamellation, thereby reducing the hyperkeratosis. Please note that these treatments will need a prescription from your Doctor. Thanks and Take care