Have small circular dark discoloration on penis. What can be done?

Hi, I have a small circular dark discoloration on my penis shaft in the middle of the dark circular spot the color is lighter, I am a bit concerned...
I had a small wart removed from where that spot is a few years ago, though that XXXXXXX or bruising has only appeared in the last few months. One option I was wondering about is it appeared after my girlfriend put fake-tan all over my body (including my penis) I have not allowed her to put fake-tan on since. Thank you
Posted Fri, 9 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 24 minutes later
Thanks for writng to us.
From the description i could think of only few possibilities
Post inflammatory hyperpigmentation due to wart itself or due to any inflammatory reaction that could have occured due to use of any chemical or medicine application over affected area
Fixed drug eruption- a drug rash occuring due to intake of a medicine to which patient is allergic or sensitive. It occurs at a fixed site whenever the culprit drug is taken. It is quite commonly seen with sulfa drugs, antibiotics and sometimes pain killers too.
annular lichen planus- purplish ring shaped lesion with clear centre
granuloma annulare- small papules may coalesce to form a ring shaped lesion

As you can see there could be multiple probabilities, diagnosis of the same requires proper clinical examination. I have gone through the immage attached. The resolution of pic is quite poor and hence the image is quite hazy.
I would appreciate if you would attach another clear resolution image for proper diagnosis and management.
Hoping to hear from you soon.
Follow-up: Have small circular dark discoloration on penis. What can be done? 9 minutes later
Thank you for reply, I have sent another photo... I'm sorry its not of my leg or arm instead.

How do you think I could make it normal color again?

Thank you.

ps. I hope those photo's aren't going on your website...
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 18 hours later
Thanks for attaching a better image.
Yes I understand that the lesion is on penile shaft. Let me assure you that we maintain full privacy and confidentiality of the patient and hence name of the patient ,images attached and even prescribed medicines are not for public view.

Now coming to the diagnosis. It probably looks like a lesion of post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. As such lesions of PIH resolve on its own spontaneously with time. So personally I would advise not to apply anything at all and wait for it to disappear spontaneously as genital area is a sensitive area. However if the need be one can use a mild kojic acid, vitamin c or cortisone based cream to help pigmentation resolve fast.
Hope that helped.
Follow-up: Have small circular dark discoloration on penis. What can be done? 1 hour later
Thank you Very much!
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 3 hours later
Should there be no more query, we may close the discussion.