Smoking one cigarette a day. Will it cause damage to my health ?

hi, I smoke one cigarette a day, will this badly damage my health if I stick to one a day?
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 29 minutes later
Smoking only one cigarette per day is not much injurious to health if we see the amount of nicotine that you are consuming with it. But this daily use is exposing your oral mucosa to a constant irritation which predisposes you for oral cancers.
It is best to quit smoking completely if you can.
Tobacco / Smoking addiction is much easier to quit than other addictions. Nicotine replacement therapy is the cornerstone for cessation of smoking. This can be provided in the form of nicotine gum or skin patches with specific dosage that will help to provide the nicotine that is gained by smoking and help you quit the habit. But this is a replacement therapy and you should not smoke while on this therapy. Treatment for 3 months duration, will help you quit smoking.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.