Smoking and tried to quit but can't. Got blood from mouth while brushing. Cancer?

Hi, i am smoking from past 5 years, and tried to quit smoking but i cant able to do that, and i want to know the symptoms of cancer. because now a days while doing brush i am getting blood from my mouth. can you assist on this. thanks
Posted Thu, 10 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Blood after coughing

Detailed Answer:

Blood oozing out of mucous membranes during brushing teeth is not an indication of cancer.

Blood seen in the sputum or after long cough episode could indicate cancer. Also there would be severe weight loss and appetite loss.

I suggest you to use either nicotine transdermal patches or chewing gums to get rid of the habit. They are very effective and slow.

Hope, I answered your query.