Smoked marijuana and feeling hairy tongue and dry mouth. Side effect of cannabis?

Hello, I tried marijuana for the first time 48hrs ago. I ate a brownie and smoked from a pipe. As soon as I tried to smoke, the smoke seemed to burn my mouth and moments later I felt a residue on my tongue. Since that time I have suffered from what I believe is hairy tongue, dry mouth. My tongue is like a greenish colour, with a residue that seems to be coming off it. Making it feel like I am constantly swollowing something. Is this a side affect of the cannabis? What can be done to get rid of it? I did not believe this side effect would last this long?
Posted Fri, 2 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 3 hours later
Hi there, thanks for asking. That sometimes happens with cannabis. Fortunately, it is transient and will not last so long. Some of the molecules are basic and some others are acidic. It is better to drink orange juice and milk separately in order to wash all the substances. Cannabis can damage the brain and also affect learning. It is more important for young people to know that. Many students find memory problems after taking it for more than 1 or 2 times. Best wishes.