Occasional lump, dark spot on tongue, goes away. Is it a cyst or blood clot?

Hello, I will occassionally get a lump and dark spot on the right side of my tongue . Always in the same spot it seems to last for a day or two and then go away. I can catch it by running my tongue through my teeth but it is embedded in my tongue and gives like a purple cast to that area. normally it is more of an annoyance than anything but this time it kind of hurts. I am wondering if it is a cyst or a blood clot? Do i make an appointment to go to my doctor, dentist , or just wait for it to go away?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013