Small red bumps on cheeks, sometimes have white heads, area is dry and sore. Chances of eczema?

I have a patch of small red bumps on my cheek that sometimes have white heads and look like little pimples but the area is very dry as well, I do not have a history of eczema so I'm not sure what it could be. Its also sore to the touch
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Follow-up: Small red bumps on cheeks, sometimes have white heads, area is dry and sore. Chances of eczema? 7 minutes later
I can send you a picture if that would help
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 40 minutes later

These small bumps with white heads can be due to irritation of the hair follicles on the face causing inflammation of the hair follicles and folliculitis. This manifests as small red bumps which are itchy, sore and irritable.

Apply cold compresses by wrapping ice in a towel and applying on the face. Do not apply any cream or lotion and use a mild soap like Dove to wash your face. Application of calamine lotion helps in soothing the skin and decreasing the symptoms. You can also apply a topical antibiotic cream on the small bumps like Neosporin.

You can also send me a picture of the rash as attachment to this query which will help me in understanding the condition better.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.