Small bump at the opening. Bleeding and not painful. What could it be?

i am a 53 yr old white female. i have had a small bump at the opening of my retum for about 6 months. it is not painful at all. i had bleeding one time about two months ago that was very red and a one time thing i noticed when i wiped myself. on the outside of my retum it looks also like a small bump or very loose skin dark in color. what could this be?
Posted Wed, 6 Nov 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Sentinel pile or anal tag

Detailed Answer:

You might be having or had piles or anal fissure in the past. They sometimes aggravate because of hard stools and heal themselves. The natural healing is most often irregular causing anal skin tags that protrude near the anal opening. The one that you feel now could be an anal tag or extended distended vein of the piles. It could be a healed thrombosed vein also. An examination will reveal better details.

Local anesthetic gels plus Ibuprofen are often prescribed in such cases by doctors after examination. I suggest you the same.

Let me know if you have any doubt.